Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with its long history of developing solutions for industry was approached by members to come out with a specific intervention to fill the gap in capacity, existing at this level. After thorough research through its dedicated Centre of Excellence for Leadership (COEL) it has come up with a long duration curated performance enhancement series titled Pinnacle: Creating Hi Performance Resilient Boards that Deliver in partnership with Catallyst Executive Education Institute (CEEI) with a clear set of deliverables.
This program provides fascinating insights, tools and frameworks for existing and would be Board members and C-suite executives part of board functions, to create, manage and become part of a High Performing Board. It addresses high impact challenges in their present organisational and business environment to expose them in a structured fashion to evolve a comprehensive view. The objective is to create more value as a Board member through collaborative leadership, motivating other members and management taking them along thus creating a truly hi-performance Board.
Benefits to Participants:
- Learn key expectations from Board members as a leader with a clear-eyed view of the Responsibilities and Liabilities that the position entails.
- Understand the change of role in today’s business environment for C- Suite Executives who are on or aspire to be on Board.
- Overview of Board work and understanding how to advance global mindset as a Board member
- Ready to develop the strategy of an organization in a frequently fluctuating business environment with collaborative leadership skill, engaging with all stakeholders through tools and techniques for strategic, financial and control perspectives
- Grasp aspects of good governance to form more operative governance processes by adding value to the organization.
- Become a high impact Board member through Digital Transformation and Innovation in current context
- Understand aspects of leading negotiations and managing board dynamics,
- Learn managing critical relationships like that with the organization and other board members,
- Evaluate own leadership traits and identify areas to improve for high impact board leadership
- Learn key aspects of becoming more effective in various board functions
- Analyse emerging areas of corporate governance in terms of legal and statutory compliances
- Understand branding imperatives through CSR initiatives
- Receive detailed report on own leadership profile and detailed discussion on areas of self-development
- Another key feature to dispel the prevailing dissonance is through faculty chosen carefully from their experience of being part of Hi-Performance boards themselves, sharing their insights and helping participants making it happen.
- A conceptual theme would be brought forward wherein the problem analysis can happen under the guidance of expert faculty, so that solutions to live Industry problems can be germinated.
- Members graduating through the process are offered guided coaching opportunities to solve their real in company problems under the supervision of experts being at hand, to offer their guidance as an additional module (optional). The main objective is different from the transmission of information but to build capability to think through problems to come up with innovative, low gestation solutions that work.